- Select tickets
- Enter details
Celebrating the 200th anniversary of the births of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert
In the 200th anniversary year of the births of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, this exhibition explores the intimate connection between the royal couple and the V&A.
The exhibition traces the decade between the Great Exhibition of 1851, through the establishment of the Sheepshanks Gallery in 1857 and the National Gallery of British Art, which influenced the beginnings of the museum now known as the V&A.
Visitors to the exhibition will see over 90 objects and works of art from the V&A, including paintings by Queen Victoria's favourite artist and chief portraitist of the Royal Family, Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, the unique 12th century Gloucester Candlestick acquired in the year of Prince Albert's death, and the first ever Christmas Card.
In the Usher Gallery, as part of the exhibition, visitors will see works from our own Victorian art collection alongside key portraits from the National Portrait Gallery, including familiar faces such as Sir Robert Peel and Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston.
This illuminating exhibition showcases the crucial role that Queen Victoria and Prince Albert played in the development of the V&A and further explores their wider influence on the development of Victorian taste.
Image credit: Henry Courtney Selous, The Opening of the Great Exhibition by Queen Victoria on 1 May 1851, about 1851-2 © Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
• Concession £4.00
• Adult Art Pass £2.50
• Concession Art Pass £2.00
• 16 and Under Free
Join us for a relaxed evening of tutored and/or untutored life drawing sessions from 4th September - 11th December 2019. Classes will then resume 15th January 2020.
Our life drawing sessions offer the exciting opportunity to come to a relaxed environment in the Usher Gallery, where you can practice and develop your drawing skills and technique. It doesn't matter whether you're new to drawing or a seasoned pro, all abilities are welcome!
We provide basic materials or you can bring your own equipment.
For more information, email Ann at Ann.Worrell@Lincolnshire.gov.uk or call us on 01522 782040.
Usher Gallery - please see the website for directions
Terms & Conditions:
The management reserves the right to alter or amend the event as necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable. Only in exceptional circumstances and subject to availability can your booking be changed.
Please bring along your booking reference number, print out or your e-ticket.
Prices are correct at the time of going to press and are subject to change without notification.
• Adult - Untutored Session
• Concession - Untutored Session £6.00
• Adult - Tutored Session £9.00
• Concession - Tutored Session £7.00
• Adult Combined £16.00
• Concession Combined £12.00
Join us for a beginners course of Yoga in the Museum with BWY Yoga Guide, Amanda Greenwood.
• Yoga At The Collection £5.00
Author Talks and Signings
Join us for author talks and signings at The Collection.
• Author Event - Elly Griffiths & Lesley Thomson
• Standard - Edoardo Albert & Paul Gething £7.00
• Standard including book - Edoardo Albert & Paul Gething £23.00
• Couple including book - Edoardo Albert & Paul Gething £27.00
• Standard - Dan Jones £7.00
• Single including book - Dan Jones £29.00
• Couple including book - Dan Jones £32.00
• Standard - Joanna Cannon £7.00
• Single including book - Joanna Cannon £17.00
• Couple including book - Joanna Cannon £20.00
• Standard - Francis Pryor £7.00
• Single including book - Francis Pryor £29.00
• Couple including book - Francis Pryor £32.00
After the success of last year's Big Draw 'Play' events, join us this year for our exciting Big Draw 'Drawn to Life' creative arts activities at the Usher Gallery. We will be linking to the Victoria and Albert exhibition and bringing our art to life in our animation course!
• Amazing Animal Animation £24.00
|There are no items currently in your cart|